Copy and art for the upcoming observance of National Newspaper Week (Oct. 4-10) will be available from this site beginning the week of Sept. 21, 2015. Here is a summary of the budget for NNW material:
• Column by Donna Barrett, Chairman, Newspaper Association of America. Barrett is president and CEO of Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc. (Approx. 750 words)
• Column by Ray Mosby, Editor and Publisher of The Deer Creek Pilot, Rolling Fork,MS. Mosby is a three-time winner of the highest award for commentary writing presented by the Mississippi Press Association. (Approx. 800 words)
• Editorial Cartoon by Marshall Ramsey, Pulitzer Prize finalist of The Clarion-Ledger in Jackson.
• Editorial cartoon by Ricky Nobile, longtime syndicated cartoonist and newspaper sales professional.
• Feature profile of Clay Mansell, young entrepreneur who has started three community newspapers since 2011. By Anthony Warren. With photos. (Approx. 1000 words)
Additional material from prior years that is not date-sensitive will also be available.
Download the NNW logo:
For more information on National Newspaper Week, contact committee chairman Layne Bruce, firstname.lastname@example.org, executive director, Mississippi Press Association, 601-981-3060.